Friday, June 17, 2011

Entrepreneurship (Walking the Talk)

It has been a couple of months since I have written a blog. I have been busy with my new venture, GreenRides - a waterless car wash and wax (www.greenridesasia.com).

In my previous blog posts, I have asked readers and those who want to put up a business to create a niche where they can differentiate themselves from their competitors; to become innovative and open to new business ideas instead of following the current business trends. I am now walking the talk.

From now on, you will be updated about the challenges, victories and other stories of being a trailblazer in a creating a new segment of the market.

Why did I choose to compete directly with traditional car washes that offer their services for lot less? Simply because car owners deserve more. Cars are the second most valuable investment anyone makes, following only their houses. It is very important that cars are properly taken care of so that it will last for a long time (giving its owner a reasonable rate of return).

Some car washes use detergents that are harmful to the car paint. Furthermore, when sprayed with water and later cleaned with a sponge, the grit isn't removed from the car surface - it just rubs the surface. This is the reason why you see swirl or 'spider' marks on the paint work of a new car.

Not a lot of people know this that is why we have to go on an educational campaign to convince people that using the traditional method is actually harmful to the car paint.

As I go along, I will be writing more about my experiences so that any student of entrepreneurship can learn something from me.

As I have said, I am advocating for people to go into niche markets where it is very profitable and they can deliver excellent service. IT AIN'T GOING TO BE EASY BUT IT WILL BE WORTH EVERY PENNY.